In Support, our product is people. As a Support Specialist in Storefront Design, internally referred to as a Theme Support Specialist. Every interaction with our merchants is an opportunity to do more than answer questions; we create memorable experiences by adding value to our suppliers businesses. As a Support Specialist you will be a part of a multidisciplinary team that focuses on many aspects related to troubleshooting Theme related issues and helping suppliers customize their themes. Your area of expertise will be the “Online Store” sales channel and you will gain a deep understanding of how a great Theme design can affect the success of our merchants’ businesses. You will work closely with front-line Advisors and Specialists to help them address Theme related issues effectively and will help to create and maintain a knowledge base to support them and your peers. You may also work with other teams across to provide context on how our users interact with our Themes in order to improve our products and services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Engages in human conversations while maintaining a high quality of written and verbal communication.
● Delivers quality interactions with merchants and contributes with guidance to the overall success of the Support team.
● Learns and builds knowledge of best practices and context, and applies learning to their supports interactions.
● Seeks and accepts feedback early and often to build key competencies in their role.
● Seeks to understand and apply values to their work and interactions with others.
● Customize our online store.
● Provides internal support to stakeholder teams, including front-line Support workers, through both real-time and asynchronous
● Identifies areas for improvement in our processes and our products and conveys them to the relevant stakeholder teams.
● Assisting with the curation and roll out of new features and versions for catalog of free in-house themes.
● Contributes to the Theme Support knowledge base, improves documentation, and develops ways to better equip our Support teams for any Theme related questions.
Requirements for this role:
● Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5 ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
● Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
● Ability to apply best practice modular web development • Fluency with version control and Git flows
● Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
● Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
● Strong Knowledge of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
● Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
● Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Proficient knowledge in an Object-Oriented language
● Some experience using CSS pre-processors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS) but not mandatory
● Working knowledge of jQuery (i.e.: do you understand what $(“.hello”).text("text”); does?)
● Exceptional reading, writing, typing, and communication skills – internally and externally.
● Proficient with the Google Suite of products and interested in learning to use new and innovative technology.
● Must be solution-based approach
● Responds well to adversity and can adapt as needed in the face of challenges/changing environments.
● Curious and resourceful – always looking to learn, adapt, and understand.
● Open and receptive to feedback.
● Demonstrates engagement and empathy and is clearly interested in the stories of our merchants.
● Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
● Build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp)
● Knowledge of version control systems like Git or SVN.
● Experience with Liquid (Ruby) , Theme Kit and Theme Development.
● Passion for design
● Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
● Experience with Vue.js
● Experience with Figma, Invision or Sketch
● Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, Hybris or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.